At Hi-cube Storage Products we value all of our employees. The average tenure of the administration staff is over 15 years and prior to our sales staff retiring the average tenure was also over 15 years. Currently we have 5 Reps under 40 years old having been with us an average of 5 years and 3 older Reps that have been with us 20 years. Is it the cool Sales Manager?, Is it the great coffee?, Is it the funny stories from some of the Sales Reps? We don’t know but employees like us!
Minimum of 5 years sales experience, with references that can be checked. Post secondary education preferred. A person capable of creating relationships yet aggressive enough to close the sale. An organized attention to detail person with good math skills and spatial aptitude. An ability to manage an account base of 600 or more customers. Proven track record of developing new business (prospecting) while servicing large account base. Computer literate with CRM knowledge skills.
$65K draw against commission and bonus per year with the potential to earn beyond $100K. There is no upper limit on earnings.
Responsible for generating sales with existing customers and developing opportunities with new customers in any of the following markets: warehousing and distribution, healthcare, libraries, museums, universities, all levels of government, auto dealership parts and service departments.
Most of the reps have found they like to work certain markets and have become experts in those markets usually 2-3 is all that can be managed, others have chosen specific products that they like and have developed expertise in those which can take them into 3-4 markets.
The diverse nature of our product offering as well as the many markets we cover allows for choice and challenge to those sales reps that work at Hi-Cube.
All this brings a high level of job satisfaction and makes the job interesting to people that are good problem solvers, and have a good sense of design or planning and the use of space. Great attention to detail and communication skills are a must for this position. The sales representative will have full support from the marketing department that they must collaborate with.
An exciting opportunity as you will learn to work in many different markets and with more than 10 product lines.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scheduling appointments and visiting existing customers to review product needs and determining other opportunities.
- Providing product quotes as required.
- Providing solutions to customers problems.
- Performing maintenance and updating of customers records in CRM to ensure current information for future sales.
- Opening new accounts
- Continuously updating customers on product changes and modifications
- Attending Trade shows and conferences
- Liaising between customers and Hi-Cube for up-to-date status of service, pricing, and new product release launches.
- Preparing reports for marketing, sales forecasting, and maintaining expense accounts.
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures, and tools by attending training and departmental meetings.
- Communicating with the design department to create design drawings
- Project management to some degree to support the Installation coordinator
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High School Diploma required
- Post Secondary courses in Sales and/or Marketing an asset
- Background in the planning of space or building (construction) an asset
- Product knowledge or industry experience an asset
DECISION MAKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
- Tasks are diversified and follow a wide range of standardized slightly complex procedures.
- Moderate exercise of judgment generally covered by standards and precedents.
- Analysis of data generally applied to the solution of specific problems.
SUPERVISORY & MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- No direct or indirect reports
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION
- Occasional supervision required. Employee works along on routine work and checks with supervisor only when in doubt.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No-phone calls, please.