Pallet Flow Racking SystemEfficient and Cost Effective Warehouse Racking Systems
A pallet flow racking system means easy access and increased efficiency!
These racking systems use gravity as a free power source, making them an extremely cost-effective solution that keeps your pallets, cartons, and business moving! Flow systems cut labour costs up to 75% when compared to static shelf racking systems. That’s efficiency you can bank on!
How The System Works:
With a pallet flow racking system, when one pallet or carton is removed from the picking station, the next one in line rolls or slides to the front on a slightly inclined rail or rollers. The next pallet or carton is automatically ready to be picked by the operator. With a first-in-first-out (FIFO) system, your inventory is easier to monitor and always within reach.
Flow racking systems are a perfect option for warehouses of all sizes. They allow you to store and retrieve inventory as efficiently as possible while maximizing your floor and vertical cube space.
Some of the benefits of flow rail pallet rack systems are
- Higher density storage over Selective Racking layouts.
- Height is only restricted by the lift trucks’ maximum lift height.
- Faster retrieval time – lift trucks are not required to travel down secondary aisles.
- No special forklifts are required – lift trucks never enter the rack.
- Ideal for Automatic Retrieval Systems or integration into Pick Towers and rack supported buildings.
- Accommodates a variety of pallet sizes and types with full-width roller options.
- Only load and unload beam and rack frames are exposed to lift truck impact.
- Aisle frames can be reinforced for safer forklift movement.
- Easy FIFO of SKUs by lane.